3333 University Way
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7 Canada
University of British Columbia – Okanagan
UBC Okanagan opened its doors in 2005, establishing a new university that is a highly interdisciplinary, research-intensive and intimate learning community in Kelowna, B.C.
The Okanagan Institute for Biodiversity, Resilience, and Ecosystem Services (BRAES) is a consortium of UBC Okanagan faculty members, students, collaborators, and partner organizations working together to advance research and teaching in conservation and ecology.
Our underlying motivation is to increase scientific understanding of ecological system, from the genetic to landscape scales, and to inform management and planning decisions that promote environmental sustainability.
Contact Person(s): Dr. Lael Parrot, Director The Okanagan Institute for Biodiversity, Resilience, and Ecosystem Services
- RDOS Receives Award from Peers for Establishing Conservation Fund
- South Okanagan Conservation Fund One of the Biggest Accomplishments of Year Says RDOS Chair
- Conservation Fund for the South Okanagan Receives Public Assent
- Building a Resilient Okanagan Community Research Forum, Dec 5th, Kelowna Yacht Club
- OSCA AGM Dec 3rd at 2 pm – Shatford Centre Penticton
- Conservation Fund Given Third Reading at RDOS Board