New SOSCP Guide to Establishing a Regional Conservation Fund
“Establishing a Regional Conservation Fund in British Columbia” is the title of a new guide for Local Governments and community organizations. This is the essential “how to” manual to create a dedicated source of funding to support conservation efforts. The guide provides a legal context and an overview of steps involved including real life examples of successful conservation fund campaigns and experiences from across the province. Learn how other communities have developed the means to secure ecologically significant lands, protect natural ecosystems including watersheds, enhance livability, acquire parklands and created a natural legacy for future generations.
The SOSCP acknowledges funding and support for this project from: The Vancouver Foundation, Real Estate Foundation of BC, and the Stewardship Centre of BC.
Download guide. Conservation Fund Guide
- RDOS Receives Award from Peers for Establishing Conservation Fund
- South Okanagan Conservation Fund One of the Biggest Accomplishments of Year Says RDOS Chair
- Conservation Fund for the South Okanagan Receives Public Assent
- Building a Resilient Okanagan Community Research Forum, Dec 5th, Kelowna Yacht Club
- OSCA AGM Dec 3rd at 2 pm – Shatford Centre Penticton
- Conservation Fund Given Third Reading at RDOS Board