New SOSCP Guide to Establishing a Regional Conservation Fund
“Establishing a Regional Conservation Fund in British Columbia” is the title of a new guide for Local Governments and community organizations. This is the essential “how to” manual to create a dedicated source of funding to support conservation efforts. The guide provides a legal context and an overview of steps involved including real life examples of successful conservation fund campaigns and experiences from across the province. Learn how other communities have developed the means to secure ecologically significant lands, protect natural ecosystems including watersheds, enhance livability, acquire parklands and created a natural legacy for future generations.
The SOSCP acknowledges funding and support for this project from: The Vancouver Foundation, Real Estate Foundation of BC, and the Stewardship Centre of BC.
Download guide. Conservation Fund Guide
- Let them out! Daylighting our creeks and restoring our wetlands. A proposal for Summerland
- Working towards Healthy Shoreline Habitat
- Deadline Looming for Public Input on new ESDPA’s in Okanagan Rural Areas
- RDOS Area F Public Information Session: New Environmentally Sensitive Areas and Conservation Fund
- Public Input Sought for New Environmental DP Areas and Conservation Fund In Area C
- Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation Hiring