New SOSCP Guide to Establishing a Regional Conservation Fund
“Establishing a Regional Conservation Fund in British Columbia” is the title of a new guide for Local Governments and community organizations. This is the essential “how to” manual to create a dedicated source of funding to support conservation efforts. The guide provides a legal context and an overview of steps involved including real life examples of successful conservation fund campaigns and experiences from across the province. Learn how other communities have developed the means to secure ecologically significant lands, protect natural ecosystems including watersheds, enhance livability, acquire parklands and created a natural legacy for future generations.
The SOSCP acknowledges funding and support for this project from: The Vancouver Foundation, Real Estate Foundation of BC, and the Stewardship Centre of BC.
Download guide. Conservation Fund Guide
- City of Penticton joins Regional Conservation Fund
- Comment Now on Proposed Motorized Rec Site at Oliver Mountain
- RDOS Director Makes Motion to Establish Conservation Fund
- The Nature Trust of BC Rocks it Out with Final Antelope-brush Purchase
- Let them out! Daylighting our creeks and restoring our wetlands. A proposal for Summerland
- Working towards Healthy Shoreline Habitat