New SOSCP Guide to Establishing a Regional Conservation Fund
“Establishing a Regional Conservation Fund in British Columbia” is the title of a new guide for Local Governments and community organizations. This is the essential “how to” manual to create a dedicated source of funding to support conservation efforts. The guide provides a legal context and an overview of steps involved including real life examples of successful conservation fund campaigns and experiences from across the province. Learn how other communities have developed the means to secure ecologically significant lands, protect natural ecosystems including watersheds, enhance livability, acquire parklands and created a natural legacy for future generations.
The SOSCP acknowledges funding and support for this project from: The Vancouver Foundation, Real Estate Foundation of BC, and the Stewardship Centre of BC.
Download guide. Conservation Fund Guide
- Okanagan wetlands benefit from new funds
- McLachlan Lake given a chance to live up to its name
- Garnet Valley Wildlife Habitat Protected
- Regional Conservation Fund proposal moves forward
- Volunteers sought for bullfrog monitoring
- Historic antelope-brush property saved