Stewardship – caring for our land
Land stewardship is a term to describe the protection and restoration of natural areas. Often stewardship is a voluntary activity by people protecting habitats on private land.
The Stewardship Centre of BC describes stewardship as “…not just a technique. It is a philosophy, and a commitment to act in an environmentally, socially and economically sustainable manner.”
The Okanagan-Similkameen Stewardship Society assists local landowners to learn about, preserve and restore important habitats on their property. Visit their new web site.
Find out more about stewardship:
- Why is stewardship important?
- Legal options to permanently protect your land
- Caring for your space – stewardship ideas for landowners
- Wildlife management guides
planning conservation activities
- RDOS Receives Award from Peers for Establishing Conservation Fund
- South Okanagan Conservation Fund One of the Biggest Accomplishments of Year Says RDOS Chair
- Conservation Fund for the South Okanagan Receives Public Assent
- Building a Resilient Okanagan Community Research Forum, Dec 5th, Kelowna Yacht Club
- OSCA AGM Dec 3rd at 2 pm – Shatford Centre Penticton
- Conservation Fund Given Third Reading at RDOS Board